Sunday Morning Classes in Manhattan
Below is logistic information on the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies' continuing public classes in Manhattan taught by Dr. Yang. Note: Class dates are subject to change due to Dr. Yang's busy travel schedule and ever increasing demands for his teaching.
Classes are structured in sessions of 10 classes - each class is 2 hours. Occasionally, when existing students travel, there will be an open space for drop-in students. You can check with the Center if you travel to NYC and would like to join a group lesson to learn from Dr. Yang.
The holistic taiji & qigong curriculum is designed to improve our wellbeing in mind, body, and spirit. Classes are non-sequential, so students are welcome to join anytime. Currenlty class is focuses on static and dynamic qigong meditation, the essential movements of the 48 form movement, and push-hands.
Note: Please submit the application using the link below if you are interested in attending this class.
Once you apply and are accepted, you will be invited to attend a single drop-in class when a drop-in spot comes available. This will allow you to evaluate whether you would like to continue as a full-time student, without committing to a full session.
Two steps are required to apply for class:
- Submit an application form. We aim to respond to all applicants within three business days.
- We will forward an invitation to a trial class as space allows. You will need to respond to that invitation and submit a waiver form at that time.
Please note that, in order to manage class size, all persons must register and pre-pay for the class - unannounced drop-in students are not accepted.
Location: 440 STUDIOS - 440 Lafayette St, Studio 3G.
- Direction: 440 Lafayette St, Manhattan, New York.
- Parking: available on the street
- Dates: see calendar below
- Class time: 10:00A - 12:00P. Note: Due to Dr. Yang's busy travel schedule, an occasional class may be on Saturdays instead of Sunday. Please check the calendar for class time updates.
- Session length: 10 classes (2hrs/class, 20 hours total instruction)
Cost: $550 for 10 class session, $70 for drop-in classes.
All students must first submit an application/waiver form.
All class fees are non-refundable, except for medical emergencies.
- Make-up classes: No make-up classes are available
- Subway Service Advisory: Here is a link to the subway service advisory. To ensure that you arrive on time, please check subway schedules before class.
Payments may be made via check or money order at class.