EBQT for Sleep & Anxiety
Featuring Detailed 48 Form
July 20-25, 2018 at the University of Scranton, PA
|2017 48 Camp Group Photo|
This simple yet effective evidence-based course combining exercises and functional meditation is generally designed for beginners to work on the roots of anxiety and insomnia. More importantly, participants will learn how to turn anxiety and adversities into a means of achieving lasting tranquility, happiness, and vitality.
The curriculum will be two-fold including EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety and the first section of the Traditional Chen 48 form.
EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety will consist of Dr. Yang's Functional Meditation as well as carefully selected physical exercises. Functional meditation addresses the roots of anxiety and insomnia by understanding what always remains so/true in terms of reality. Guiding principles and realities are introduced and reinforced through real-life stories that we can relate to the challenges of daily life. The physical exercises consist of taiji and qigong exercises—both still and moving—to decrease anxiety and insomnia while enhancing energy, cardio vascular fitness, cognition, balance, agility, and vitality. The Taiji movements are chosen from classic Chen Taiji 48 routine by Grandmaster Feng Zhiqiang. This simple and fun, yet effective routine, blends Chinese philosophy, healing and martial arts with Western science and is specifically designed for self-healing. At the end of this training participants will bring home a complete routine designed to yield significant benefits in a short period of time. A recent NIH-funded study using Yang Yang’s tai chi and qigong program demonstrated significant positive effects on sleep and anxiety.
Traditional Chen 48 form – Students will learn the first section of this wonderful routine created by Grandmaster Feng Zhiqiang.
The five-day intensive training will help participants at all levels and conditions learn and take home a simple yet effective and complete routine combining Dr. Yang's functional meditation and classic taiji and qigong exercises to address and turn anxiety and insomnia to means of achieving lasting tranquility, happiness, and vitality in daily life.
This course, when combined with EBQT Essential Instructor Certification will allow participants to meet eligibility requirements for EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety Instructor Certification. EBQT Essential Certification is required before obtaining EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety Certification and it is generally recommended that the EBQT Course and Certification be obtained prior to attending the Sleep Camp. However, one may attend the Sleep Camp first, then attend the EBQT Essential Camp the following year, after which, testing for EBQT Essential then EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety Certifications may be requested.
Note: the intention to obtain instructor certification is not a requisite for attendance - the camp is for all persons interested in learning the essential foundation of Dr. Yang's EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety curriculum.
To learn more about the camp experience, you can:
Three steps are required for enrollment in the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies 5-day Sleep camp. They must be completed in order:
- Interested persons must first submit an application. Space is limited to ensure adequate training with Dr. Yang, so you are encouraged to apply early.
- An acceptance notification will be emailed to you which will include links to first a 1) waiver/license form, and then a 2) registration form. Both forms are necessary to complete registration.
- Either down payment or full payment should be paid within 2 weeks of notification of acceptance to reserve your spot at the training. The application will be considered invalid if registration and a deposit are not received within two weeks of acceptance notification.
Logistics / Cost / Admission / Deadlines
Training will be held at The University of Scranton campus, Scranton, PA. Training will be in Leahy Hall (Kane Forum), and on-campus housing will be in Montrone Hall.
A campus map is available here. Montrone is building #37, and Leahy hall is building #6.
Check-in will be from 3:00-5:00 pm Friday, July 20, followed by dinner and instruction from 7:00-8:30 pm. Check-out will follow breakfast on Wednesday, July 25, and the camp will end with review/instruction until 12:00 pm. A copy of the schedule is available here.
The University of Scranton is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania in the center of the city of Scranton. The campus is 2 hours from New York City and 2 hours from Philadelphia and is easily accessible by car, bus or air. The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre International Airport (AVP) is only a fifteen minute drive from campus.
Directions to the University of Scranton campus are available here.
Meals will be provided in the "Fresh Food Company" Dining Hall on the third floor of the Denaples Center (building 38 on the campus map.) Vegetarian options will be available. Dinner will be provided on the first evening (Friday, July 20), and breakfast will be provided on the last day (Wednesday, July 25).
There are two options for lodging:
- On campus lodging: Montorone Hall is a new dorm facility with suite style housing: each suit has four rooms with single beds: two rooms share a bathroom. All suites are air conditioned. Linens/pillows are provided. All room reservations will be single occupancy (one person per room, two rooms per shared bathroom). All campers will be housed together in two floors on Montrone Hall. Each suite shares a common kitchen with a refrigerator.
- Commuting: You are welcome to arrange your own lodging at nearby hotels and commute to camp.
You will indicate your housing preference on the registration form. If you elect to stay on-site, we will make all reservations/arrangements for you and the cost of the lodging/meals will be included in your payment to the Qi Balance LLC. If you elect to commute from a nearby hotel, you will need to make the reservations with the hotel yourself. Commuters will be charged a commuter fee for facility use and meals with tuition payment.
A total cost calculator is provided below to assist with cost calulations.
Tuition: Base tuition is $1100, payable to the Qi Balance LLC. Available tuition discounts are detailed below. Lodging and meal costs are additional to tuition.
Discounts: The following tuition discounts are available when registering for the full program. The maximum discount is early registration + either EBQ or EBT certification or previous 5-day camp attendance from 2015-2017:
- Early registration: ($50) If down payment is received before May 1, 2018, a $50 discount will be applied to tuition. AND;
- EBQ or EBT certification: ($200) Those with current instructor certifications are eligible for an additional $200 discount. OR;
- Previous 5-day camp attendance (2015-2017): ($100) Those that have attended a 5-day training camp with Dr. Yang from 2015-2017 are eligible for a $100 discount.
Note: those attending the EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety Camp immediately following the EBQT Essential Camp are eligible for an additional $200 discount for EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety Camp tuition.
Lodging and Meal Cost: The following costs are for the entire 5 day training period, inlcude lodging and meals, and are in addition to tuition:
- On campus dorm lodging (single room with two beds): $385
- Commuter Rate (meals and facilty use fee only, non-negotiable): $195
Total Cost Calculator:
To use this calculator:
- Tuition: Select "1100" for EBQT for Sleep and Anxiety camp tuition; AND
- Meals & Lodging: Select "385" if you are staying in a dorm room on campus, or "195" if you are commuting; AND
- Early Registration Discount: "50" for early registration if down payment was remitted prior to May 1, 2018; otherwise select "0"; AND
- EBQT Certification Discount: Select "200" if your EBQT instructor certification is current; otherwise select "0"; OR
- Multiple Camp Discount: Select "100" if you have attended a 5-day from 2015-2017; otherwise select "0".
- Click on the "Total" button to calculate total amount due
* Either the EBQT certification or multiple camp discount must be set to "0" - you cannot apply both. *
Note: If you are also attending the EBQT Essential camp, calculate the cost of that separately on the EBQT-Essential camp page. If a companion will be travelling with you that will not be attending the training, they will have to pay lodging (if staying in a campus dorm room) and meals (if dining with the group) separately.
You may reserve your spot with a down payment of $500, or pay the entire amount due initially.
There are three options for payment:
Check or money order, payable to Qi Balance LLC, and mailed to:
Qi Balance LLC
c/o Dr. Yang Yang
151 East 81st Street, #7-D
New York, NY. 10028
- PayPal account: If you have a PayPal account, you can transfer the fee to the CTS paypal account. A 3% convenience fee will be added for this payment method. Email Dr. Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the CTS account email address.
- Credit card: we can send you an invoice through Paypal which you can pay by credit card. A 3% convenience fee will be added for this payment method. Email Dr. Yang at email@example.com to request an invoice payable by credit card.
Please note that final payment is due by July 1, 2018, or with your registration if registering after July 1.
Registration and down payment must be received by May 1, 2018 to receive a $50 tuition reduction. You may forward the $500 deposit after your on-line registration as long as the envelope is postmarked on or before May 1, 2018 to reserve your space at camp. After that date you will not be eligible for the $50 tuition reduction.
If for any reason you must cancel your reservation, your deposit will be refunded, less a $75 application fee, until May 10, 2018. If you cancel after May 10, 2018, a 50% refund will be available until July 1, 2018. After July 1, 2018, no refund will be given but you may use the deposit as a credit for future training events.
Final payment is due by July 1, 2018, or upon registering if registering after that date. If an amount remains due at camp, that amount may be paid by credit card only and will be subject to the 3% convenience fee.
A link to additional logistics/FAQs about camp, including information on final payment calculations, a ride-sharing spreasheet link, check-in, and what to bring to camp will be provided in June 2018.
*The "Center for Taiji Studies" and "Dr. Yang's
Evidence-Based Traditional Taiji (EBTTM) and
Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQTM) Programs" are
trademarks of the Center for Taiji Studies (CTS). All
rights reserved. Dr. Yang Yang's EBTTM and EBQTM
programs and methods of instruction are the unique product
of his lifelong practice with top traditional masters of
China, over 30 years of experience teaching Taiji & Qigong
in China and America, and his research in mind/body
wellness. The combined curriculum and methods of
instruction constitute the valuable and proprietary
intellectual property of Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTS.
Certification is entirely at the discretion of Dr. Yang
Yang and/or the CTS and may be withheld or withdrawn at any
time by Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTS.
License/certification to teach Dr. Yang Yang's program, and to use CTS trademarks and/or service marks in advertising/promotion, is limited to instructors with current certification. Certified instructors will be required to sign a written agreement indicating that they will appropriately attribute the EBQ and EBT programs to Dr. Yang Yang and the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies, and that they will not modify the program to create another program offered under a different name.