EBQT - Essential
EBQ & EBT Combined
July 14-19, 2019 at the University of Scranton, PA
|2018 EBQ/EBT Group Photo|
This course is generally for beginning practitioners and those that are interested in learning Dr. Yang's introductory program teaching methods. In addition to satisfying some of the required training for EBQ and EBT certifications this camp is a prerequisite for Stress and Chronic Pain certification.
Curriculum will include Dr. Yang's Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQ) and Evidence-Based Taiji (EBT) programs. This is the curriculum that Dr. Yang designed when creating a program for research, after asking the question "what are the essential components of traditional training that will yield the most measurable benefit in the shortest amount of time?" The programs are the foundation of Dr. Yang's qigong and taiji practice and teaching.
The Qigong (EBQ) curriculum includes:
- Static qigong meditations in standing, lying-down, and sitting postures, including instruction in Dr. Yang's unique fuctional meditation program;
- Traditional dynamic (moving) qigong;
- Agility drills (moderate cardio footwork, coordination, and agility training);
The taiji (EBT) curriculum includes instruction in an introductory 7-movement taiji form distilled from the Chen Shi Hunyuan 48-form. The movements were selected by Dr. Yang to be accessible to persons of all ages and physical ability, but challenging enough to yield improvements in motor skill, coordination, and cognitive function.
This five-day intensive training event will provide all contact hours required for EBQ - Level I Qigong instructor certification. Split-course material will also be provided for those wishing to complete the second 5-day training for Evidence-Based Taiji (EBTTM) certification.
The intention to obtain instructor certification is not a requisite for attendance - the camp is for all persons interested in learning the essential foundation of Dr. Yang's qigong and taiji curriculum.
Please follow the instructions here to register for this camp. Please note that full time camp registrations are given priority. Part Time Camp registrations will be put on a waiting list until May 1, 2019 at which time we will assess the available space and accept Part Time registrations in order of submission.
Logistics / Cost / Admission / Deadlines
Training will be held at The University of Scranton campus, Scranton, PA. Training will be in Leahy Hall (Kane Forum), and on-campus housing will be in Montrone Hall.
A campus map is available here. Montrone is building #37, and Leahy hall is building #6.
Meals will be provided in the "Fresh Food Company" Dining Hall on the third floor of the Denaples Center (building 38 on the campus map.) Vegetarian options will be available. Dinner will be provided on the first evening (Sunday, July 14), and breakfast will be provided on the last day (Friday, July 19).
There are two options for lodging:
- On campus lodging: Montorone Hall is a new dorm facility with suite style housing: each suit has four rooms with single beds: two rooms share a bathroom. All suites are air-conditioned. Linens/pillows are provided but we recommend that you bring an (extra long fitted college dorm / twin sized) bed sheet for added comfort. All room reservations will be single occupancy (one person per room, two rooms per shared bathroom). All campers will be housed together on five floors on Montrone Hall. Each suite shares a common kitchen with a refrigerator.
- Commuting: You are welcome to arrange your own lodging at nearby hotels and commute to camp.
You will indicate your housing preference on the registration form. If you elect to stay on-site, we will make all reservations/arrangements for you and the cost of the lodging/meals will be included in your payment to the Qi Balance LLC. If you elect to commute from a nearby hotel, you will need to make the reservations with the hotel yourself. Commuters will be charged a commuter fee for facility use and meals with tuition payment.
Tuition: Base tuition is $1150, payable to the Qi Balance, LLC. Available tuition discounts are detailed in the pricing grid below. Lodging and meal costs are additional to tuition. Please see available Tuition Discounts outlined below the pricing grid.
|Camp Attendance||Room & Board Options||Tuition||Room & Board||Total|
|Full Camp||w/ Room & Board||$1150||$400||$1550|
|Full Camp||w/o Room & Board||$1150||$0||$1150|
|Full Camp||Meals Only||$1150||$200||$1350|
|Full Camp||Room Only||$1150||$200||$1350|
|Half Camp (any 3 days)||w/ Room & Board||$800||$265||$1065|
|Half Camp (any 3 days)||w/o Room & Board||$800||$0||$800|
|Half Camp (any 3 days)||Meals Only||$800||$135||$935|
|Half Camp (any 3 days)||Room Only||$800||$135||$935|
|1 Day||w/o Room & Board||$300||$0||$300|
|1 Day||3 Meals||$300||$50||$350|
Discounts: The following tuition discounts are available when registering for the full program only. Please note that discounts do not apply to partial camp attendance.
You may apply any or all of the 3 discounts as they may apply to your registration.
- Early registration: A $50 discount will be applied toward tuition If $500 down payment is received before May 1, 2019. The balance of the payment (payment in full) is due on or before June 17, 2109.
- EBQ or EBT certification: Those with current instructor certifications are eligible for an additional $100 discount.
- Previous 5-day camp attendance (2016-2018): Anyone who has attended a 5-day training camp with Dr. Yang from 2016-2018 is eligible for a $100 discount.
Please note: The balance of the payment (payment in full) is due on or before June 17, 2109.
If for any reason you must cancel your registration, a $75.00 application fee will be deducted from your refund. Your deposit will be refunded in accordance with the following policy:
- If you cancel before June 15, 2019 your fee will be refunded less the $75 application fee.
- If you cancel after June 15, 2109 you will be refunded 50% of your fee less the $75 application fee.
- If you cancel after July 7, 2109 you will not be eligible for any refund.
*The "Center for Taiji Studies" and "Dr. Yang's
Evidence-Based Traditional Taiji (EBTTM) and
Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQTM) Programs" are
trademarks of the Center for Taiji Studies (CTS). All
rights reserved. Dr. Yang Yang's EBTTM and EBQTM
programs and methods of instruction are the unique product
of his lifelong practice with top traditional masters of
China, over 30 years of experience teaching Taiji & Qigong
in China and America, and his research in mind/body
wellness. The combined curriculum and methods of
instruction constitute the valuable and proprietary
intellectual property of Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTS.
Certification is entirely at the discretion of Dr. Yang
Yang and/or the CTS and may be withheld or withdrawn at any
time by Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTS.
License/certification to teach Dr. Yang Yang's program, and to use CTS trademarks and/or servicemarks in advertising/promotion, is limited to instructors with current certification. Certified instructors will be required to sign a written agreement indicating that they will appropriately attribute the EBQ and EBT programs to Dr. Yang Yang and the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies, and that they will not modify the program to create another program offered under a different name.
©2004-2018 Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies.